Sunday, October 07, 2007

As we watch airplanes fly

(Edit: This was originally posted on 5th Oct 2005, but a few days ago while chatting with a friend at work she said something like "how can something that so right be so wrong?" and it immediately reminded me about "Airplanes" because of the phrase "It feels like heaven but it hurts like hell". It's also about time I add a tune to it.)

This was written when I first visited Changi Beach in the middle of the night. I thought it was quite a place to make out, get attached or break up, up to you. Did I just... nevermind...

Do you feel fine sitting side by side with me
As we watch airplanes fly overhead?
Hold me in your arms and keep me warm
In this place where I belong
Hold me close, closer than you use to

I kept asking if you're sent from above
It feels like heaven
But it hurts like hell
I feel like screaming but I kept all to myself

Is it alright at this moment
Are we meant to be?
Is this a trap for you to abuse me?
Is it strange that I question so much?
Do you feel the fear I feel?

I kept telling myself I must not doubt
It feels like heaven
But it hurts like hell
I feel like screaming but I kept to myself

Hold me in your arms and keep me safe
In this place where I belong
Hold me close, closer than you use to

10 Comments:

Blogger van said...

i love this!!! =) is this a song? wad song is this??? love the lyrics! =)

9:06 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Their just words that may not become a song. Larry Norman also did a poem which he reads in his concert called "I Am is". Let u hear it one day.

But if I have inspiration for a tune, I'll do it. DO u have one?

11:21 PM  
Blogger van said...

never ever came up with a tune before. but i do sing many different tunes randomly when i am alone. den sometimes they'd become words. words that are praises to God. but never rem them. and i dun record them like you. muahahaaa..

9:11 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Then start recording them. U have two phones. I am sure one of them have a voice recording function. Thank God for technology! Dun worry, when it comes, u'll know it. Be prepared to record those tunes!

:)X

9:56 PM  
Blogger van said...

hurhur!! both have got recording functions!!! wahahaha!!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Cool! DO it when u think that tune is something worth working on.

5:41 PM  
Blogger van said...

oh! i forgot to tell you that those tunes aren't those that are very like claire's flower shop kinda song. heh.

8:07 PM  
Blogger :)X said...

Tosog! Remember TOSOG? It lives! If u allow, we'll do it in TOSOG! Good idea?

:)X

11:01 PM  
Blogger van said...

=)

10:17 AM  
Blogger :)X said...

So how to do it? I hold up the phone as if I am waiting for some on to answer the call and I pretend to hum a tune or sing the song while I "wait". Most of the time I compose it line by line. SO I may have "Fail 1" or "Fail 2", "fail chorus" or "Fail intro" etc.

I hope to hear some stuff soon! Dun worry if it's not "nice" or wadeva. Just start with a basic idea then see how it transpire. NO idea is a bad idea coz every bad idea can become a good idea!

;)X

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home